Pediatric Hospital Medicine 2017 (PHM 2017), the largest annual meeting devoted to pediatric hospital medicine, is the leading educational event for healthcare professionals who specialize in the care of hospitalized children hospital medicine. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with colleagues from across the nation, learn from renowned faculty from throughout the discipline and acquire skills, tools and resources to directly benefit their patients and practice. PHM 2017 has been designed to provide participants with tools to:
- Improve clinical skills and practice
- Address management issues with possible solutions
- Lead change and innovation within the organizations
- Network with fellow PHM thought-leaders to collaborate and learn about new innovations
View the PHM 2017 Brochure:
PHM 2017 features a unique learning opportunity in that the educational content is compiled using an open submission and peer-review process to ensure the highest quality, timely, relevant and exciting topics in pediatric hospital medicine. PHM 2017 will be comprised of concurrent sessions featuring lectures and larger sessions, oral presentations of abstracts and clinical conundrums and smaller, interactive workshops.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Update practice in clinical areas related to UTIs in infants, sedation, newborn care, opioid management, antibiotic stewardship, and other hot topics.
- Apply knowledge gained to implement advances in practice management and hospital systems to benefit patients, hospital and practice group with specific attention to finances, integration of advanced practice providers, co-management, and other topics.
- Advance skills and expertise in hospital systems with a strong focus on the tools, strategies and resources need to advance quality initiatives.
- Implement new methods for teaching pediatric hospital medicine to physician and non-physician trainees and beyond.
- Identify opportunities and describe mechanisms to conduct, complete and present pediatric inpatient research.
- Connect with colleagues in the field for clinical, career and research support and mentorship.
- Advocate for and influence the evolution of pediatric hospital medicine.
The Society of Hospital Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 19.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the activity, with individual assessments of the participant and feedback to the participant, enables the participant to earn a maximum of 14 MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics’ (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABP MOC credit.
Disclosure of Financial Relationships and Resolution of Conflicts of Interest
All potential conflicts of interest have been identified and resolved prior to a faculty member’s participation in this CME Live Activity. SHM is committed to providing learners with a commercially unbiased CME Live Activity. Click here to view the list of disclosures for PHM 2017 faculty.
The Abstract and Clinical Conundrums presentations is one of the most popular experiences of PHM 2017. Abstract and Clinical Conundrums posters and oral presentations enable pediatric hospital medicine professionals from across the country to share emerging scientific, education and clinical research and intriguing and perplexing clinical cases with fellow participants. SHM, AAP and APA encourage the sharing of scientific research and encourages all interested parties to submit their work for consideration.
To learn more about the clinical conundrums submission process, click here.
To learn more about the abstracts submission process, click here.